To save time, download and complete our forms:
Here’s what you can expect from your first visit:
- Your assessment will include a thorough health history intake, giving you an opportunity to discuss chief health concerns and significant health factors in detail with the doctor.
- To assess your overall nutrient intake and determine potential nutrient deficiencies, you will be asked to fill in a weekly diet diary.
- Naturopathic therapies are safe and effective when used appropriately. Please bring a list of all medications and supplements you are currently taking so that the doctor can ensure there will be no interactions between prescribed therapies.
- If necessary, the doctor may also perform physical examinations (e.g., assessing your blood pressure, checking your pulse, etc.) and order laboratory testing (e.g., food sensitivity analysis, hormone testing, etc.) for the management of your health concerns.
- Dr. Janis strongly believes in co-management of your health with your other healthcare providers. If you have copies of any previous laboratory results, imaging reports, or other medical records, please bring them to your visit.
Your initial naturopathic consultation allows the doctor to evaluate your overall physical, mental, and emotional health, as well as determine root cause(s) that may be contributing to your symptoms. All the doctor’s findings will be explained on your follow-up visits. If the doctor determines that you are a suitable candidate for naturopathic care, recommendations will be made and your individualized treatment will begin. The frequency and duration of follow-up visits will depend on your health concerns and the therapies selected for your individualized treatment plan. Most follow-up visits will range between 15-45 minutes each