Naturopathic Medicine is a distinct primary health care system that blends modern clinical research with traditional and holistic forms of medicine. Like your family doctor, naturopathic doctors can order and interpret laboratory blood tests and perform physical examinations to arrive at a clinical diagnosis for a variety of health issues.
Additionally, naturopathic doctors are trained in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease using natural therapies that include botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, physical therapies, Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, and lifestyle counselling. The use of these additional methods of examination and history-taking allow naturopathic doctors to understand the underlying root of disease.
If you’re tired of being brushed off by a medical system that doesn’t seem to listen to you, or if you are worried about the side effects of common pharmaceutical drugs, then it’s time to consider a more natural, integrative way of looking at your health.
Our naturopathic doctor, Dr. Janis, will strive to provide a treatment plan that best serves your unique needs and conditions. In her treatment protocols, Dr. Janis may use any number of complementary therapies to address both her patient’s chief concerns as well as the underlying root of disease.
Who can benefit from Naturopathic Medicine?
Patients of all ages and all walks of life can benefit from naturopathic care including babies, kids, teens, athletes, expectant mothers and seniors.
Common Conditions Treated:
- Chronic Pain & Injury (Sprains/Strains, Arthritis, Sciatica)
- Headaches & Migraines
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Menstrual Disturbances & PMS
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Fertility & Reproductive Challenges
- Digestive Disorders (GERD, IBD, IBS, Bloating, Constipation)
- Food Sensitivities/Intolerances
- Acne, Eczema & Other Skin Disorders
- Stress Management & Mental Health
- Weight Loss & Healthy Living
- Cardiovascular Health (High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol)
- Diabetes & Other Endocrine Disorders
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Allergies & Immune Support
- Asthma & Respiratory Conditions
- Smoking Cessation
- Healthy Aging & Disease Prevention