Acupuncture and cupping are natural, holistic treatments used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine needles into specific points on the body, while cupping involves the application of small cups as suction devices over the skin. Both acupuncture and cupping promote the proper circulation of blood, lymph, and other substances in the body to bring tissues and joints back into balance. Acupuncture and cupping can be used alone or in combination. Both are safe and effective treatments for pain reduction, and also provide improved mood and energy.
Some conditions that may benefit from acupuncture and/or cupping treatments:
- Painful and stiff muscles and joints (acute and chronic joint pain, arthritis, muscle knots)
- Musculoskeletal injuries (strains and/or sprains)
- Low back pain and sciatica
- Headaches and migraines
- Shoulder pain (rotator cuff injuries, frozen shoulder)
- Stress, anxiety, depression, and other emotional imbalances
- Insomnia and fatigue (fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, adrenal fatigue)
- Hormonal imbalances (endometriosis, menstrual cramps, ovarian cysts, infertility, menopausal symptoms, PMS)
- Pre-natal and post-natal care
- Digestive disorders (heartburn, IBS, diarrhea, constipation, ulcers, parasitic infections)
- Respiratory conditions (allergies, asthma, cough, sinusitis, bronchitis, frequent colds and flu)
- Smoking cessation
Acupuncture and cupping services are offered by Dr. Janis Li, Naturopathic Doctor at Bayview North Family Chiropractic. Naturopathic services – including acupuncture and cupping – are covered by most extended health benefits plans. Check with your insurance provider or human resources department regarding coverage.