I am very pleased to announce that I have successfully passed the Ontario Prescribing and Therapeutics exam administered by the College of Naturopaths of Ontario. Thank you to my family, friends, colleagues, as well as my patients at Bayview North Family Chiropractic — I couldn’t have done it without all of your support in the last few months!
Any Naturopathic Doctor who successfully completes the Ontario Prescribing and Therapeutics course and passes the Ontario Prescribing and Therapeutics exam meets the Prescribing Standard of Practice. The Prescribing Standard of Practice enables a Naturopathic Doctor to prescribe, dispense, compound, sell, or administer by injection or inhalation the drugs listed under the General Regulation.
So what does this mean?
Dr. Janis is able to offer extended Naturopathic services at Bayview North Family Chiropractic including the following:
- Dr. Janis can now continue to administer vitamin/mineral injections at Bayview North Family Chiropractic. To those patients who have had their vitamin B12 injections on hold for the last couple of months, thank you for your patience! Vitamin B12 injections have returned!
- Dr. Janis is able to prescribe and use natural substances that are restricted under federal legislation such as:
- Bioidentical hormones (such as topical estrogen and progesterone)
- Dessicated thyroid extract (for thyroid hormone replacement therapy)
- High dose vitamins (D, A, folic acid, K1, K2)
- Dr. Janis has a thorough understanding of pharmaceuticals prescribed by other regulated health practitioners and she can safely prescribe natural substances within the context of other medications you may be taking. Self-prescribing supplements and other natural health products is dangerous and can cause serious side effects, especially if you are taking other drugs. The Ontario Prescribing and Therapeutics course and exam prepares Naturopathic Doctors to excel as therapeutic prescribers and Dr. Janis is available for consultation to advise you of any potential interactions between drugs and natural health products you are taking.
For more information about services offered by Dr. Janis at Bayview North Family Chiropractic, please call our office at 905-881-8733 to schedule your complimentary consultation.